Based in East London Walthamstow, Dv8 Training provides courses for young people in music, events, media and fashion.
In the last few years the creative industries have become one of London’s most progressive, vibrant and youthful areas of industry.
Roles and responsibility
- Help users to resolve software problems
- Install and test new software
- Ensure that anti-virus software is installed, kept up to date and working properly on all stations
- Share files as required by staff and learners
- Set up and maintain e-mail accounts and help tutors with email related problems including mobile phone set up
- Keep an inventory of software licenses
- Be responsible for maintaining E-Safety and awarenessMaintain ICT equipment such as computers, macs, laptops, scanners, printers, smartboards, projectors etc. and ensure that these are prepared and ready to be used.
- Check new computer equipment on arrival and install as appropriate
- Perform basic PC hardware repairs and upgrades
- Liaise with the designated person responsible for the maintenance of the inventory and control the loan outs of ICT equipment
- Assist the ICT Manager in the deployment of computer hardware and network upgrades and configuration
- Keep a log of all technical faults and corrective action taken
- Liaise with external support agencies such as ISPs and hardware suppliers to resolve faults speedily
- Liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract
- Be familiar with the network infrastructure (cable and patch panels, hubs, switches, routers, etc. ) and keep a log of any damage or problems
- Perform basic diagnostic and recovery routines on network equipment
- Follow detailed instructions to configure network clients, including allocating required software and connecting to the correct server
- Maintain an intranet by uploading pages and files
- Implement disk space and printer quota policies
- Follow instructions to maintain user accounts and permissions
- Check that the automated network backup is running and restore files where necessary.
- Set up, maintain and remove user network accounts and file permissions
- Carry out routine network maintenance tasks
- Maintain wireless network and equipment
- Maintain firewalls, disk caches and internet filtering systems