Factory Media is Europe’s largest and most innovative Action Sports media owner. The Company publishes traditional print and new media brands reaching over 500,000 readers and 4 Million online users every month. The business currently focuses on two market segments, Boardsports and Bike, with an international footprint and multilingual products.
Factory and its staff have won numerous nominations including Digital Consumer Publisher of the year, Designer of the year, New Editor of the year, and are extremely proud of their 27 year brand heritage in the Action Sports market.
Factory has a total of over 300 Staff across Europe.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support a VMware ESX cluster of ~2 hosts running about 20 servers
- Manage and maintain a SAN (Netapp)
- Manage and maintain Windows Active Directory, Windows file sharing services and other critical networking services such as DHCP, Hyper V and DNS, VPN, IPSEC Tunnels
- Manage the relationship with a 3rd party contact center vendor
- Control licensing and domain name registrations
- Help provide innovative technology solutions that create value for development teams
- Respond to outages out of hours in an agreed “On Call” framework
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via service desk tickets, email, telephone, chat and in person
- Installing operating systems and software on Windows and Mac laptops and desktops
- Troubleshooting both software and hardware issues on Mac, Linux, Windows and peripheral technologies such as Blackberry’s, Iphones, Ipads, and Printers
- Set up workstations for users
- Setting up new users in Active Directory and in Google Apps
- Manage users group membership in Active Directory and their Google Apps accounts
- Managing domains – I.e changing DNS records
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction for all support queries
- Managing telephony cloud